The ability of the Radial-Lok to expand (.002” to .006”)
uniformly throughout the entire length of the hole greatly
increases the fatigue life of the fastener and assures structural
integrity under severe cyclic loading conditions in both aluminum
and composite structures. With Radial-Lok’s .003” hole tolerance
these benefits are achieved without the costly preparation of close
tolerance or tapered holes required by some fasteners.
• Uniform radial expansion throughout the entire length of the clearance fit hole
• Interference fits to .006”
• Enhanced fatigue life
• Better lightening strike protection
• Eliminates costly hole preparation
• Clearance fit before installation
• Easy one sided installation
• High clamp up
• Large blind side upset
• Tighter joints
• Ideal for aluminum and composite applications
• Available in 3/16” through 3/4” diameters including oversized
• .100” grip accommodation
• 7 degree blind slope capability
These unique characteristics make the Radial-Lok the most versatile blind fastener for a variety of applications in both composite and aluminum structures. It is completely compatible with graphite and is not subject to galvanic corrosion. In addition, Monogram’s Drive Nut system greatly simplifies the installation of Radial-Lok fasteners.
Comparative photos show the benefits of the Radial-Lok fasteners unique hole filling properties as compared to a conventional fastener. Bands shown are made visible by viewing a bi-refringent plastic through polarizing filters.
For tooling information for Radial-Lok fasteners please refer to the Installation and Inspection Specification download link under Product Details.